NUTHALL PARISH COUNCIL
Nuthall Temple Community Centre – Conditions of Hiring
1. The Hirer shall ensure that during the time that the premises are used/activities conducted are done so in an orderly manner and under adult supervision and that the right to use the premises is exercised quietly and in a manner unlikely to cause any annoyance or inconvenience or to become a nuisance to the owners or occupiers of any adjoining or neighbouring property or to the public in general.
2. The Hirer shall defray the cost of making good all damage caused to the premises or other property owned by the Council which is in any way attributable to the Hirer or member of his/her organisation or guests.
3. The Hirer shall indemnify the Council and keep it indemnified from and against all costs, charges, claims, and demands for injury, loss or damage to persons or property arising from the exercise of this right howsoever such injury, loss or damaged may be caused, unless due to any negligence on the part of the Council or their servants or agents. The Hirer shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against any third party claims which may lie against him/her or his /her organisation whilst using the centre.
4. Bookings are taken subject to the premises not being subsequently required by the Council for Parliamentary or Local Government elections. In such an event the Council will refund to the Hirer all charges made and already paid.
5. The Hirer will be responsible for reading and obeying the Safety Regulations by all members and guests.
6. Hirer must arrive on time to be admitted and leave by the departure time as booked. Failure to depart by this time will result in immediate forfeiture of the deposit.
7. The Council accepts no liability for goods or personal effects left on the premises by the Hirer, his/her servants, agents, or by any user of the premises.
8. The fixtures, fittings and equipment in the Centre are the property of the Council and must not be removed from the premises.
9. The Council does not accept any liability in respect of the parking of any vehicle within the area of the centre. No vehicle shall be parked or taken over any grass area.
10. The Hirer shall at the expiration of the hiring remove everything brought by him to the premises and will LEAVE THE PREMISES IN AN ORDERLY AND CLEAN CONDITION. Failure to do this will result in immediate forfeiture of the deposit.
11. Payments to the Caretaker will be made by Nuthall Parish Council.
12. The Centre has been equipped with sensitive smoke alarms for your protection. NO Smoking whatsoever within the building is permitted. The use of disco smoke machines is prohibited as it can cause the alarm to trigger. Call outs to reset the alarm will result in additional charge.
13. Nuthall Parish Council is committed to ensuring that Health & Safety regulations are adhered to. The Hirer will be responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety during the hire period.
14. The Hirer is authorised as the nominated deputy in the absence of Parish Council Staff.
15. Maximum occupancy of the room(s) hired must not be exceeded. These are 100 for Function Room and Sports Hall and 30 for Old Chambers, Training and Bar area.
16. On no account must the centre be left unattended during the hire period.
I declare that I am the person responsible for the hire of the Council Premises, namely The Temple Centre, have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions, and agree to them.
PLEASE ASK YOUR GUESTS NOT TO USE THE CHURCH CAR PARK